The Local Time App is created for Salesforce users and is 100% based on Salesforce.com technology. It enables a Salesforce user to easily find the local time in a destination country by any of the following options:
- Local Time Button – can be placed in a detail page layout. Works in Salesforce Classic only.
- Local Time Gadget (based on visualforce) – can be placed in a detail page layout. Works in both Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- Local Time Custom Field – can be placed both in a detail page layout and list views. Works in both Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- Local Time Lightning Action – can be placed in a detail page layout. Works in Salesforce Lightning Experience only.
- Local Time Lightning Component – can be placed in a detail page layout. Works in Salesforce Lightning Experience only.
Depending on your preference, you can utilize the above options as deemed necessary.
Find Local Time Button
When the button is clicked, the application displays the time on the button. Thereafter, the time is continuously updated (every minute) without any further clicks by the user.
Local Time Gadget
In contrast to the Find Local Time button, the Local Time Gadget does not need any user interaction. It displays the time automatically and is continuously updated. The Local Time Gadget is a visualforce page and thus it cannot be added to list views.
Local Time Custom Field
The Local Time custom field can be added to page layouts and list views. The difference between the Local Time Gadget and the Local Time custom field is that the gadget updates itself (every minute) with the latest time, where as the Local Time custom field remains unchanged after initially showing the local time.
Local Time Lightning Action
The Local Time Lightning Action can be added to the supported page layouts.
Clicking the action shows a popup window with the local time displayed in it. This action works in Salesforce Lightning Experience only.
Local Time Lightning Component
The Local Time Lightning Component can be added to supported Lightning record pages. The component shows the local time whenever the user accesses a record. This component works in Salesforce Lightning Experience only.