How does it work?
The App works as follows (assuming that the gadget is placed in an Account layout):
- First it checks the Account address fields and if there are valid values, it uses these values to compute the local time.
- If the App fails to compute the local time from step (a) due to incorrect values in the fields, it will then attempt to use the Account phone number field to compute the local time.
- If all the above attempts fail, the App shows the value Unknown.
How do I purchase the App?
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an invoice. After the payment is made, we will convert your free trial of the App to an active site license. Please note that the free trial is valid for 30 days and is limited to max. 10 users only.
What address and phone formats does it support?
How can I visually indicate if it is a good time to call a subject?
You can create a formula field and use images to indicate if the local time of a record falls within the local office hours or not. This formula field can be added to page layouts and list views to help prioritize calling your subjects.
Following is a sample formula field (return type Text) on the Lead object. The formula shows a yellow flag if the local time is earlier than 9 am, a green flag if the local time is between 9 am and 5 pm, and a red flag if the local time is later than 5 pm. You can create similar fields on other standard objects supported by the Local Time App.
IF(ISBLANK(tz__UTF_Offset_F__c), "Unknown", IF(VALUE(MID( TEXT( NOW()+ tz__UTF_Offset_F__c /24 ), 12, 2 )) < 9, IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif", "Yellow", 18, 18), IF(VALUE(MID( TEXT( NOW()+ tz__UTF_Offset_F__c /24 ), 12, 2 )) > 17, IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_red.gif", "Red", 18, 18), IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_green.gif", "Green", 18, 18) ) ) )
How do I update old records to show local time?
By default, the App shows local time for new records created after the App is installed or when you manually update records. However this can be an issue if you have to manually update each old record. To mass update old records, utilize the following steps:
- Go to Local Time Config tab.
- Select the Mass Update subtab.
- Follow the wizard to mass update records for the selected standard object.
Does it work with Custom Objects?
Yes it does as long as the custom object has fields representing Country, State, and City or a Phone number field. Then you can use these field values to make API calls to the App and get the local time.
String s = tz.LocalTime.getOffset(obj.Country__c, obj.State__c, obj.City__c); // where obj is a record of your custom object which has country, state, and city fields. JSONParser parser = JSON.createParser(s); parser.nextToken(); parser.nextValue(); String offset = parser.getText(); if(offset != 'N/A') String ctTime = tz.LocalTime.getLocalTimeString(Decimal.valueof(offset));
Feel free to Contact us if you need sample Apex and Visualpage code.
The App works for me (SysAdmin) but not for other users
During the installation process, it is important that you have selected the option Grant access to all users. If you have not done so, then you have to manually give the users or the profiles access to the App, Apex classes, visualforce pages, and custom fields.
How do I customize the App?
How can I use Local Time in reports?
The Local Time and UTC Offset custom fields can be used in list views and reports.
The UTC Offset custom field is automatically updated whenever you create or update a record. The Local Time custom field is a formula which utilizes the UTC Offset custom field in its calculation. These fields can be used in a couple of ways:
1. In reports so that you can sort the reports based on the timezone (the UTC Offset field).
2. In list views so that you can sort and prioritize your calling lists accordingly.
How do I uninstall the App?
The App can be uninstalled with the following steps:
- Remove all references to the Local Time Gadget, Local Time Button, and Local Time Lightning Components and Actions in all the page layouts where you have initially added them.
- Go to Setup -> Apps -> Installed Packages and click on the Uninstall link located next to the Local Time App.