The AdIntel App regularly accesses your Google Analytics account to identify visitor activity on your website. This intelligence is then presented in the Lead/Contact/Opportunity detail pages under the section AdIntel Web History. Your web property in Google Analytics needs to be configured once so that it facilitates AdIntel to obtain the required information.
Following are the steps on how to configure Google Analytics:
- Login to your Google Analytics account: https://www.google.com/analytics/web/?hl=en
- From the list of web properties, select the one that is registered for your website.
- Click on the Admin menu item located in the left navigation area.
- Under the Property section, click on Custom Definitions and then select the Custom Dimensions.
- Select the NEW CUSTOM DIMENSION button and then enter the details as shown in the below screenshot. Then click the Create button.
- The new Custom Dimension is created and its name is shown in the list. Make a note of this name as it will be needed in the next step.
- Get the Google Analytics tracking code to your website. It can be obtained by clicking the Tracking Info and then Tracking code as shown below.
- Modify the above script so that it incorporates the Custom Dimension that you created earlier. Following is an example tracking script that you can use a template and customize it for your specific website (Recommended).