The AdIntel Web Analytics Gadget is a powerful tool that gives you a comprehensive summary of all the intelligence regarding the lead generated by the Organic and Paid searches. When the lead is converted, this intelligence gets copied over to the related Contact / Opportunity so that the information is not lost. Thus anytime you open a Lead, Contact, or an Opportunity detail page, the AdIntel Web Analytics Gadget presents you with a visual snapshot of the inbound lead details.
The following process shows how to add the gadget to the Lead page layout. The same process can be repeated to add the gadget to Contact and Opportunity page layouts.
- Edit the page layout of the Lead object by clicking the Edit Layout link.
- Select Fields and then select Section. Drag and drop the section in a suitable location on the page.
- Give AdIntel Web Analytics as the Section Name and choose 1-Column as the section Layout.
- Select Visualforce Pages, and then drag and drop the AdIntel Web Analytics Visualforce page to the section created in the earlier step.
- Click on the wrench icon to customize the AdIntel Web Analytics Visualforce page.
- Define the Width and Height values as shown below and then click the OK button.
- Save the changes to the page layout by clicking the Save button. The AdIntel Web Analytics Gadget is shown in the Lead detail page as below (initially empty). From now onwards, all the leads generated by Organic and Paid searches will show relevant information in this section.
- Here is how the AdIntel Web Analytics Gadget looks like for a sample inbound lead from Google AdWords.